I-VINTAGE SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED is aware that there may be times when employees need to file an official complaint about unjust treatment, harassment, and/or health and safety concerns in the workplace. This grievance procedure policy was created to clearly outline the process for these instances to ensure all our employees are heard and treated equally.
The purpose of this grievance procedure policy is to (a) explain the scope and definition of grievances, (b) outline the process for reporting and closing a grievance, (c) define the company’s confidentiality measures, and (d) describe the disciplinary action steps for policy violations.
This policy is applicable to all I-Vintage Solutions Private Limited employees, including paid interns, volunteers, and seasonal, part-time, and permanent employees. A grievance can be filed against any I-Vintage Solutions Private Limited employee, including senior management and shareholders. I-Vintage Solutions Private Limited defines a “grievance” as a formal work-related complaint, issue, and/or objection made by an employee.
Before filing an official grievance complaint, I-Vintage Solutions Private Limited asks that all employees review the policy that directly impacts their complaint. For example, if an employee files a sexual harassment complaint, he/she must consult the company’s Sexual Harassment Policy and the Administration department.
I-Vintage Solutions Private Limited encourages employees to resolve minor disputes with the help of a Liaison Officer, Manager, and an Administration department representative. If the informal complaint is not fairly and constructively resolved within [14 days], employees may file a formal grievance.
Employees can file grievances when:
- They have been victims of workplace harassment.
- Their health and safety have been compromised.
- They’ve witnessed poor supervisor and/or management behavior.
- There are unjust changes made to the employment agreement.
- Policy guidelines are violated.
- There is a dispute between coworkers, suppliers, and/or management.
I-Vintage Solutions Private Limited also recognizes that every case is different and this list is subject to change, depending on the definition filed in the Grievance Complaint Form.
Filing a Grievance.
When filing a grievance, employees have the option of reporting their complaints using the company’s official online portal or contacting their direct supervisor and the Administration department. In both cases, employees will be required to complete and file a Grievance Complaint Form.
Once the complaint has been submitted to the Administration department, employees have the right to attend meetings with a witness or union representative, appeal decisions, and depending on the severity of the complaint, refuse to attend work until the grievance is resolved.
When a grievance is filed against another employee, the accused also reserves the right to:
- View and request a copy of the official grievance complaint.
- Formally respond to the complaint after consulting his/her union representative and the HR department.
- Attend all formal meetings with a union representative or witness.
- Appeal the final decision.
It is I-Vintage Solutions Private Limited ‘s responsibility to:
- Accept and thoroughly investigate all Grievance Complaint Forms.
- Ensure that the grievance is resolved within [30 days] days, depending on the severity of each case.
- Treat both the complaintive and the accused fairly throughout the grievance process.
- Adhere to the no-retaliation policy when employees file a complaint against management.
- Organize mediation meetings with the appropriate parties.
- Practice a high level of confidentiality throughout the grievance process.
- Accept and investigate all appeals.
- Ensure that the final decision is implemented.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of each grievance.
I-Vintage Solutions Private Limited employees, including senior management and administration representatives, are required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement that limits them from discussing the grievance before and after it has been resolved. The complaintive and those that stand accused of a grievance are prohibited from discussing the matter with any other I-Vintage Solutions Private Limited employee.
If an employee is found to have violated the grievance procedure policy, they will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. The severity of each case will determine the type of disciplinary action, which may include a verbal or written warning, suspension, and/or termination.
If an employee is unequivocally proven to have committed the grievance he/she is being accused of, I-Vintage Solutions Private Limited will adhere to its Disciplinary Action Policy to ensure that the matter is resolved justly and according to company guidelines.